Monday, November 4, 2013

Honey Chicken


From the start, I was questioning this recipe since it was kind of open ended.  I found it on Pinterest but without the link connected to it--Don't you hate that?!  But I found a way and it came out delicious!

Here's the Pinterest link to check it out
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/112801165640479683/

But I don't know about you, but I first go by picture and then click to see if I have most of the ingredients already and if it seems easy enough.  I love to cook and try new things, don't get me wrong but I'm not trying to be the next Iron Chef playing around with new ingredients.

Anywho,  I started the typical chicken process by cleaning the 8 Skinless boneless thighs.  The batter asked for:
1/2 cup Flour
2 Tbsp. Black pepper
2 Tbsp. Salt 
2 Tbsp. Paprika

I just eyeballed it and whatever looked good, I went with.  I've never been much of a breaded person whether it be eggplant, chicken or veal the oil always gives me a headache and it's just not my thing.

*One tip I definitely will follow next time is to put in a large enough pan the chicken is not overlapping!

Put the battered chicken in the oven @ 400 for about 10 minutes.  While that was cooking I mixed the liquids:
1/2 cup Honey
1/2 stick Butter
3 Tbsp BBQ sauce
1/3 cup of Lemon Juice

Honey is a pain in the butt to get out unless you heat it up, I definitely recommend that!  I also didn't have enough lemon juice so I used whatever I had and then the rest of white vinegar (found on google that white vinegar was a good substitute).

I mixed all that up and just poured it over the chicken when it came out.  I cooked it all for another 20 minutes.  I took it out with about 5-10 minutes left and spooned the marinade over the top of the chicken where it looked dry.  I love me some Honey BBQ!

I served it with mashed potatoes and peas.  I find that any chicken with a good juice marinade is best paired with mashed potatoes or pilaf so that yumminess mixes in and doesn't go to waste :)  I do the same for my famous Russian Chicken which I will post later..It is my absolute favorite dish that stuck with me since I was kid, other than Kraft Mac n Cheese of course!

Now sit, relax and enjoy!




**Possible Readjustments:  Try without batter (I definitely will next time) and a little less lemon juice/vinegar.  I scraped off most of the breading but the chicken still held the flavor and I like my marinade a little thicker than juicier.



No comments:

Post a Comment